High School Students Get Set For Success in 2014
Workshops presented by director Tony Hollins
Tuesday 21 January (Years 7 to 8)
Wednesday 22 January (Years 9 to 12)
Are you hoping to have your best school year ever? Re-charge your batteries by attending this workshop.
The cost is $90 and morning tea is provided. 9.30 am to 1.00 pm. Bookings are essential.
* You will learn how to motivate yourself, so parents and teachers won't be nagging you all the time.
* You will be given some handy planning tools to get organised quickly and easily, so you will be less stressed and will hand work in on time.
* You will learn some simple techniques to make studying and remembering easier, so you will get higher marks with less work than you think.
* You will develop time management skills, so you will have more time for relaxing and going out.
* You will set ambitious goals for the year, with strategies to help you achieve them, so you can turn your dreams into reality.
What students and parents have said about these workshops:
"I thought this would be a waste of time as I have done heaps of study skills workshops at school. But you are the first person to actually get me to believe I could do it." (Christie, Year 12)
"My parents made me come, but I am glad I did. It was much better than I thought it would be. It was not boring." (Mark, Year 9)
"I don't know how you did it, but I have never seen such a huge change in just one day. My daughter has never been so motivated." (Sandra, parent)
"It has made me more confident in going to high school. It helped me to know that I can still have time to do other things as well as homework. It was fun and easy to understand." (Amanda, Year 7)
Year 6 Students School Holiday Classes Thursday 23 January
A special morning of classes in Mathematics, General Ability, Reading and Written Expression will be held from 9.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. This will help students to get back into the swing of things before returning to school, especially students sitting the Selective Schools Test. The cost is $90 and morning tea is provided. Bookings essential.